Inventive Presents at Suck UK


How I take my tea colour match

Recently when searching for presents for my brothers I hit a loss. There is so much on the web, but I always seem to find the cliche tacky stuff that shows I was stuck for ideas! However whilst browsing today I noticed the company Suck UK. They have been running for 10 years and offer products that appeal to the design savvy.


The cardboard ghetto blaster eye pod speaker system

Suck UK have won countless awards for their innovation such as, Gift of the Year and Young Designer of the Year (Crabtree and Evelyn). Their main product designers are Jude and Sam, based in the East End of London. Although the set up is quite established now, in the beginning it was more along the lines of kitchen experiments and workshops in squatter's digs. This colourful beginning shows itself in the humour of the products on sale.


The carve your own wooden postcard

Not only showcasing their own talent, there are cherry-picked products from across the world. Some items that caught my eye are the "Who tall are you" wall chart (allowing you to see which celebrity you equal in stature), for the adventurous cat there are paper airplanes, wooden postcards for a heart felt message you can carve, and umbrellas that change colour in the rain!


Friendly Animal Carrier Bag Holders

It is industrial design that fits comfortably into our lives and the varied price bracket means no one is priced out. Definitely worth a look next time you are trying to find an effortlessly clever gift.

Emma Julian


Alphabet Ice Molds



Comments