Brooks Salzwedel's Artworks

Graphite trees and bridges in layers

Lens flare, pine trees artwork

White and blue mountain with skeleton trees

Have you seen the work of LA artist Brooks Salzwedel? I stumbled upon his pieces at The Jealous Curator, just beautiful. I had pinned some of his past works on my Pinterest board. The thing with Pinterest, it can be a feast for the eyes, and I pin anything that catches my attention, but I don't always go deeper, find out more. So I was happy to see a little more of this interesting artist's work. 

Bridge and trees over a river drawn in layers

resin artwork in tins

Drawing with transparencies and pencil

Salzwedel draws isolated elements of our environment - natural or man-made - and either layers these in transparencies or captures them in resin in vintage tins.  

Drawing and shading with layers

I like the fog-like atmosphere created, delicate neon hues and solid black forms sketched in graphite come together. You can find an interview of Brooks work here. Recently he has been chosen to be an artist in residency in Alaska which seems a good fit to me. 

Mountain drawing

Mountains and structure on a creamy yellow background.

Comments