British Flowers Week Round Up
As this week draws to a close I thought I would show you the illustrations I have been doing over at Pickle. The challenge to illustrate a British flower a day has proven tricky, only because picking just so few is really restricting! I could draw flowers all day long, but at the moment client work also needs my attention. Currently I am promoting Cornish cottages, laying out vehicle livery, designing pretty websites, and putting together a children's book!
But back to British flowers...
But back to British flowers...
The foxglove at the moment is peering over garden walls and lining our hedgerows so the clear first choice for me to capture. Next I drew a rose, an English rose, with all the classic softness and delicate aroma (trust me it would if you could smell it!) we associate with English gardens. The bluebell was Thursday's choice, found all over our fair isles but notably the rich blue hues flood the Scottish countryside. Finally I picked a Welsh poppy. The English red poppy is so loved and a familiar sight but I wanted to try and capture the golden optimism of the yellow Welsh variety. Hope you have enjoyed my drawings, its been lovely sharing them with you!

Comments
Post a Comment