Reydon Grove Farm
What a spacious and beautiful home. There is something about the simple and far reaching lines of this Suffolk residence that appeals to me. I personally don't see the point of a flat roof unless you can walk on it, sit and take tea or dangle your legs and star-gaze, but that a side, I do love the lines. The photography too just adds to the effect - the stark whiteness of the landscape welcomes the larch clad single storey home.
The huge glazed windows frame the farm land views. In their season the fields sway with meadow flowers and ears of corn blow jostle about. The design was conceived by Danish studio Norm Architects, open plan living that relates perfectly to its surroundings.
Its a peaceful residence where natural materials layer together with copious amounts of white. I like how the building is raised on a slight platform allowing the ground beneath to undulate. The clean lines are a pleasing find on a Tuesday morning, hope you agree.
See more at April and May.









Comments
Post a Comment