The Crescent Lounge Day Bed

Pale pink and forest green modern day bed

Claw like holder for cushion roll on this dark walnut day bed

Dark ask wood with fluffy wool pillow in this modern day bed

Day beds are definitely a thing at the moment. And why not, elegant and sleek they have that air of importance and can't be botheredness. In particular I am liking the Crescent Lounge by New York studio Vonnegut/Kraft. Named after the founding designers, Katrina Vonnegut and Brian Kraft. They are dedicated to maintaining a balance between contemporary technological manufacturing and a tradition of hand-made craftsmanship.

I really like their choice of materials, the light bleached ash with rich forest green wool and clay pink. Or the walnut frame supporting a 70's brown cushion and grey bed. The first one I spotted though was the dark ash wood with fluffy wool over at A Merry Mishap


I like the balance and calm contained within this piece of furniture, the integrity of the materials and the choice of textiles. You can see more of their varied pieces here.

Pink and forest green day bed in contemporary interior

Comments