Pretty in Pink

Painted pink wooden sticks suspended from a ceiling

Close up of the pink wooden sticks
 
Exposed brick wall with pink wooden ceiling that undulates

I understand pink may not be everyone's bag, but you have to agree this space kind of rocks. The warmth these 12,000 pink-painted wooden stick bring to this space is lovely. This ceiling installation can be found near Madrid in the historic Alcalá de Henares, in a bakery.

Pink bakery with cool ceiling

I think it just adds a bit of wow to an already beautifully ancient space. The company, called 'Pan y Pasteles', just asked their local architects to use pink, I wonder if they were expecting this! The idea was to create a kind of upside down coral reef. Paired with the rough exposed brick I think the undulating ceiling looks rather brilliant. 

patisserie with pink ceiling made of wooden sticks

Exposed brick pink ceiling with wooden sticks and pink neon sign

Originally found at Design Sponge 

Comments