One Way to Spend Lockdown!
Morning, what a strange time we find ourselves in. I am now back at work part time, creating away. My lockdown experience was one of beautiful walks in the Cornish countryside, lots of cooking and movies with siblings. Thankfully I have managed to avoid catching the virus so my time has been much more pleasant than some.
I do love reading about how people have kept themselves occupied, especially the creatives. One of my brothers is recording an album from his room in Coventry and my sister has been painting canvases and knitting to pass the time.
This French artist, Nathalie Lete hasn't been idle either, spending lockdown in her country home an hour from Paris, she has been taking her art off-canvas and on to the walls. Nathalie is inspired by the folk tradition of art, with German and Chinese parents she has a wealth of cultural art to refer to.
What started as a little flourish here and there has become a home alive with floral patterns spreading joy in every room. Nathalie keeps her blooms quite stylised, mixing colours and patterns together.
I would love to live in this home, I find myself doodling flowers all the time, not sure if I am brave enough to take my pen to the walls though!
Found via Domino.





Comments
Post a Comment