Slices of Sky


Lee Borthwick's wood and mirror installations

Mirror tapestry

Lee Borthwick letting the sky in

I stumbled across Lee Borthwick's installations today and thought them worthy of a share. I had seen her work before but today just felt like a reflection kind of day.

Mirror and wood installation by Lee Borthwick

Lee Borthwick places mirrors in trees

Lee Borthwick artworks

Quite a simple concept really, Lee finds discarded and overlooked pieces of wood and covers them in carefully cut mirrors to bring the sky above down below. I do love this idea of something so lofty and expansive available at our feet. Imagine dark forest glades dappled with puddles of blue, ever changing, never the same. 

Logs in the wood topped with mirror reflecting the sky

Lee Borthwick covers felled tree with mirror

I also adore her mirror tapestries, undulating slices of wood reflecting back at us. It really does make me want to get creative in my own garden, allowing the sky to fall in the most gentle and poetic way.  

Comments