The Future's Bright

Dulux colours for 2023

Today I have been submerging myself in the Dulux Colour Forecast for 2023. Yes, freaky as it is 2023 isn't that far away! We have been busily designing next years calendar at Pickle Design where I work, so my thoughts are quite often fixed on next year.

So what kind of vibe are the colour experts at Dulux predicting? Australia's Dulux have suggested three moods taken from local and global trends and research, and they couldn't be more different. 'Balance', 'Connect' and 'Revive'. Andrea Lucena-Orr and Bree Leech have taken stock in this post-pandemic world, believing our habits are changing. People want to embrace the simple life, be more sustainable and live authentically.

As Bree puts it "We have all reacted to the upheavals of the last couple of years in different ways - some people crave lightness and whimsy, whilst others seek order and reassurance'. 

Vibrant shades of whimsy for Dulux's 2023 predictions

The 'Revive' colour palette from Dulux

'Revive' certainly brings the whimsy! It may seem a little bit of a paint factory explosion to begin with, but taking the imagined interiors in zoomed in sections I think the colours brought together are lovely and fresh. 

Dulux 2023 paint colour predictions

Warm neutral tones of Dulux Connect range

Connect colour scheme from Dulux

I am not afraid of a bit fo colour, a mean really, look at this blog! But I do lean towards the warm hug that is 'Connect'. Dark walls it seems are here to stay, with neutral tones and immersive colour, 'Connect' welcomes the outdoors in. 

Balance colour scheme from Dulux

Deep ocean blues from the Dulux Balance range

Balance from Dulux for 2023

'Balance' explores the beauty of blue, it's a dive into the depths of the ocean. Paired with immersive textures and stunning design details, the dream sold is one of urban living that spans the decades. 

Balance Dulux paint colours range


Comments