Today I wanted to share some objects the are positively glowing with colour. Examples of design that look so inviting, tactile and swoon-worthy, but most of all riots of colour.
I love white spaces, the minimal look, natural wood and blank walls but when it comes to objects, colour is my weakness. At home its simple, un-costly things like my Nanny's emerald velvet-lined jewellery box which peels at the sides and has seen better days. Or my Granny's 1950s sky blue weighing scales that I use everyday to measure my morning oats. Or perhaps my collection of quirky colourful candle holders and my random pieces of coloured glass. Yep, to colour I am drawn.
Today perusing 'Sight Unseen' I came across an array of objects, and furniture, that satisfy my colour itch.
Rainbow Splash glasses created by Pierre Bowring in Beacon, New York are delightful.
Perfume bottles are often a thing of beauty, I have one we dug up from our garden in Hampshire. Frosted glass with a stopper, 1940s perhaps, a lovely addition to my bathroom shelf!
Free 00 perfume by Vyrao really holds your attention.
I do love velvet I must confess, so strokable and manipulating of light. This silk velvet cushion is high-end but dreamy, by
Correll Correll.
Sideboards are timeless, I haven't got one but it is on my wish-list. I always fancied red lacquer but this one from
Orior is just lovely. An Irish firm who know their stuff, these mustard velvet chairs are also theirs and very dreamy.
These tables to me are Turner-esque, fading light of a summer's day, or perhaps prisms playing on bedroom walls. The
translucent pastel hand-dyed tables are by Sohyun Yun.
This piece is also worth a mention, geometric and featuring a verdant green that I adore. The upholstered and lacquered ash bench by
Vonnegut/Kraft for Weft could be at home in any time period.
These are just a few things that have taken my fancy today, I hope they brought you joy too.
Comments
Post a Comment