I have always had a fondness for rugs, early memories of tracing the rings with my toy car on my Granny's circular rug in her kitchen. My simple student rag-rug that made a blank canvas feel more like home and the recycled plastic bottle Moroccan-inspired one my mum bought me for my terrace that echos the greens of the surrounding hills, linking inside and out.
Speaking of Morocco, I had the great pleasure of seeing the masters at work both here as well as India on my travels. The art of weaving really is something quite captivating.
Today I thought it might be nice to share with you some rather stunning rugs I have found recently. Some following a great tradition, others more pushing the boundaries but all with sumptuous colours or alluring tones.
Starting with something graphic, right up my street as a graphic designer! I love the comic book nature of this, as if scribbled in a cafe on a napkin. It has movement, called Agave Sketch by Florence Bamberger.
Canevas Geo rug, in green or yellow, I find very satisfying, designed by Charlotte Lancelot. Irregular in shape but quite calming, the various stitches allowing light and shade. The styles can interlock and the unusual shape allows for an interesting relationship with a room's furniture.
Couldn't you just dive into this one? Ocean blue, plush and dreamy. This rug 'Dornach' is from Atelier Pfister, released in 2016. Back to jade green, perhaps the most traditional looking of our rug selection, though a closer inspection reveals a captivating collection of intersecting threads. Eco 01 is by Elena Sanguankeo at Gervasoni, founded in 1882, this design released in 2022.
Love this retro leaning collection from Elitis, Kool Havane. The braided jute rugs include tightly round circles in natural hues.
What lovely textures made with braided ropes, outdoor suitable and wonderfully calm. Link from Expormim.
Now for something a little different - I slight flashback to my 1980s childhood! Mirage by GAD plays with perspective, producing something sinkable soft and worthy of wall space.
Deeply piled and sound absorbing, the name both speaks of that music scene as well as the natural world - New Wave by Kymo.
Linear and impactive, this rug launched in 2010 would slip seamlessly into a neo-classic mansion or an ultra minimal pad. Simply titled Rue, from Atelier Pfister.
Comments
Post a Comment