Golden Hours

Poster calendar of the times of the day in linocut style illustration

Hello and welcome to the new year! I wander what 2024 has in store for us, currently for me it's a heavy cold, but that aside I am full of hope for this next chapter in our lives. At Pickle Design, where I work, every year we create a limited edition printed calendar with monthly downloads for screen backgrounds. We have been that for 16 years now (eek) with themes such as classic chair design, time travel, Cornish food and famous author's houses! This year though we opted to pause and consider time, as it is a leap year after all.


The Pickle Design 2024 Calendar, Golden Hours

I wanted to share our latest creation with you, you check out all our previous exploits here. 'Golden Hours' has a linocut feel, capturing the phases of the day, from 'The Crack of Dawn' to the 'Small Hours' (John Martyn was very much in mind as I drew that one, love that song).

The Crack of Dawn

I do like doing our calendars, something that's a little fun, a chance to illustrate and to explore some intriguing theme. I always learn something new, for 2023 we picked Collective Nouns for Birds, lovely phrases! A blush of robins was a favourite. 

If you would like to see some of our projects last year you can check them out here at the Pickle Blog. 

Pickle Design's 2023 projects blog post

Comments