A White Washed Modernist Home

Australian modernist home

White brick modern house

Cape Schanck House by Studio Goss


Clean lines in this modernist home

I love the how pristine this home is but also how it embraces texture and imperfections. There is something quite wonderful about painted white brick, I don't know why but I just feel instant calm! This Cape Schanck House by Studio Goss is located on Australia's Victoria Mornington Peninsula but I feel there is an Italian nod with the design, Roman really. It feels like an elegant villa of importance, solid, established with its influence far-reaching.


Crisp white house with green contrast landscaping

Beautiful exterior of a modern Australian house

The design makes practical sense, this is a weather-worn site as well as being a family home. It needed to be batter-proof. I think it is perhaps the exterior and landscaping I like the most, every angle pleases. 


Warm wood modern minimal interior

Cape Schanck House by Studio Goss

The interior stays true to the vision with plenty of white-washed brick on display. The house has been designed to allow light to play, the dappled shadows all adding to the beauty of the place. Slabs of marble, smooth wood and subtle textiles bring tonal warmth. 


Dappled light on white brick

Every element considered and purposeful, it's minimalism to be sure, allowing materials and form to shine.

Originally found at The Local Project.  

Modern garage in minimalist house

Wood and marble kitchen

Comments