GF Smith Sample Packs

The latest sample pack from GF Smith was handed to us by our postman last week, Naturalis x 1-5, featuring Daniel Gustav Cramer, Lee Funnell, Sir Peter Blake, Wim Crouwel and Peter Saville. I have been very impressed with GF Smith's presentation since I first came across them, it is rare to find good design showing off good paper stock. For example, sample packs from some printers are often very lacklustre, when a little attention to detail would sell their work far more effectively.
This new pack has a lot to recommend it - branding, packaging, foil blocking, even the smell - but the A3 prints inside are outstanding. I have seen both Lee Funnell and Daniel Gustav Cramer's work previously in the books sent out by GF Smith, but this format showed them off in an unexpectedly good way. Cramer's photography is exquisite, and shows off the Naturalis stock admirably.
After endless corporate mail shots, oozing blandness, it is a pleasure to be given some credit. GF Smith show that they are in touch with the industry they work in, and engender a lot of confidence.
Comments
Post a Comment