Top 5 Logos

There is so much to be inspired by when browsing the internet, I can get quite distracted! I thought I would focus on some logos I have stumbled upon and which have caught my eye and captured my attention.

1. 
University of the Arts London
This brilliant 3d logo was designed by Magpie Studio for University of the Arts London. They needed an identity for their Art Works exhibition to encourage new applicants. I just love how this is so much more than a logo, by being scultporal it completely tells its own story and constantly changes meaning in each new context.



2. Killed Productions
This is perhaps a little bit morbid, but I love the simplicity of this logo for Killed Productions. Designed by Sean Heisler. It says it all with minimal effort.


3. Otis Okley
I'm really enjoying the calligraphy identities that are emerging at the moment and of course being influenced by the wealth of design history that proceeds us. This logo by Jude Landry for the band Otis Okley has all that retro bravado.



I'm really interested in the hand drawn element of design, marrying the technical procission, and ease, that computers give us with traditional crafts such as letterpress, pen and ink, print and calligraphy. 
4. Illusion Studio
I also quite like when there is another dimension to a logo, this identity for Illusion Studio works really well with just the overlapping of red and blue creating that extra depth. 

5. Fine Cell Work
This Fine Cell Work logo I think is quite brilliant, and a really interesting charity. They give prisoners worth and skills by training them in traditional crafts like needlework. Very simple and 'finely' styled but I think it communicates the project very well.   


I would love to know your thoughts, have you seen any logos that have grabbed your attention?

Comments