The Water Colours of Francesca Lancisi


I wanted to highlight to you the work of Italian artist Francesca Lancisi. I came across her shop on Etsy and fell in love straight away. Her water colours are both bold in colour and subdued in shade. Using bright block colour and playing with opacity, layers and line. 
  

Francesca lives and works in Florence, Italy. You can imagine her on her sunny terrace, surrounded by plants and natural forms. She says she is fascinated by colour and its infinite variations. 
She is a self taught artist and had trained and worked as a language teacher. On Francesca's website she has this quote "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




Comments

  1. Thanks for the feature!
    I love youe blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca! I do love your work, so beautiful :)

      Delete

Post a Comment