Top 5 Logo Design for Accommodation
We do such a variety of work at Pickle Design, from websites to logos, fudge packaging to badges, clothing to books! Being in beautiful Cornwall though, one thing we are ask to do often is brand accommodation. This is something I really enjoy doing, looking at a business and going a little deeper, finding what they are about. Perhaps focussing on a quirky detail of architecture, or an element of their service that is unique.
I thought I would compile a list of 5 logos that I quite like the design of. There are so many out there of course, this is just a taster.
1) I'll start with one of our own of which I'm quite fond, Rooke Cottages, who have beautiful cottages in Cornwall. We also designed the website for these luxury self catering cottages. The setting is a working farm on the North Cornish coast with seven beautifully restored 5 star self catering cottages. I took the colour palette from the Farrow and Ball paint colours that had been used throughout the interiors. I wanted to communicate the traditional setting and age of these Cornish farm buildings as well as the high quality contemporary interiors. To do this I used two typefaces coupled together, one traditional and one modern, and then to show the rural location I added a stylised leaf. You can see more of our branding on our website here.
Here are some other designs I have come across and thought I'd share with you. Do let me know what you think.
2) What I like with this logo the relationship of the 'H' and the 'P'. Hellifield Peel Castle maybe familiar to anyone who watches Channel Four's Grand Designs series, I am an avid fan! A beautifully grand ruin was transformed into this really quite special bed and breakfast in Yorkshire. I think the logo communicates the visual language of a castle well.
4) There are quite a few challenges with logo design, one is the amount of information you may need to incorporate. I am often interested in how other designs tackle this issue. I like how Scott Deans of Nicoll Deans Design has stagered the text in his logo for The Loch Lomond Guesthouse and Lodges. The leaf was inspired by the trees that fill the estate. I think the font chosen does depict tradition and heritage and I always like a brand where there is an element that can be used separately.
I thought I would compile a list of 5 logos that I quite like the design of. There are so many out there of course, this is just a taster.
1) I'll start with one of our own of which I'm quite fond, Rooke Cottages, who have beautiful cottages in Cornwall. We also designed the website for these luxury self catering cottages. The setting is a working farm on the North Cornish coast with seven beautifully restored 5 star self catering cottages. I took the colour palette from the Farrow and Ball paint colours that had been used throughout the interiors. I wanted to communicate the traditional setting and age of these Cornish farm buildings as well as the high quality contemporary interiors. To do this I used two typefaces coupled together, one traditional and one modern, and then to show the rural location I added a stylised leaf. You can see more of our branding on our website here.
Here are some other designs I have come across and thought I'd share with you. Do let me know what you think.
2) What I like with this logo the relationship of the 'H' and the 'P'. Hellifield Peel Castle maybe familiar to anyone who watches Channel Four's Grand Designs series, I am an avid fan! A beautifully grand ruin was transformed into this really quite special bed and breakfast in Yorkshire. I think the logo communicates the visual language of a castle well.
3) Byfords describes itself as a higgledy-piggledy world of pleasure! Located in North Norfolk, not only a posh B&B but a cafe and store too. I feel the choice of colours works well, the font too is contemporary but with a nod to a by-gone age. The swirly steam is appetising and hints at the shape of the 'B'.
5) Finally a little closer to home is this logo for a contemporary guest house in Plymouth, Devon. The Gallery's brand is very clean and fresh it does conjure up the clear blue sky on a perfect summers day. Using the 'G' gives the logo some curves and I also like how contained it is.
The world of accommodation is very competitive and you need to design a brand that will stand out for all the right reasons. I hope you like my selection and if you have any suggestions of good logo design do let me know.


Comments
Post a Comment