Chapel Conversion



Often I admire the beautiful architecture of converted chapels, up and down the country. This one is outside Bath. I do though wonder how the spaces work as family homes, are they warm and cosy or caverness and cold. I imagine often compromises have to be made to shoe-horn in our modern comforts.




This conversion by Jonathan Tuckley Design I think is quite successful. Especially how the addition joins the original chapel. 



Though personally I would splash about some colour, I do think the dark wood and cool greys occasionally accented with rich red rustic rugs works. 




I also love how features have been preserved, cherished even. The hooks on the walls and the dark wood panelling. Painting the extension in the rich black stain allows a modern building to unobtrusively sit in this traditional setting. 



But most importantly, what a great space for a child to play in! Found at Yellow Trace. 







Comments

Post a Comment