Colour Chasers
I am in love with this concept! Yuri Suzuki is a Japanese designer who has created an art installation that plays beautiful music. When I filter through countless pages on the internet to find inspiration, more and more I am drawn to art installations. I think it is because there is something about seeing ideas come to life, how they raise questions and most importantly make me want to get involved.
Suzuki, like me, is dyslexic, and this has caused him to want to find another way to write music as he finds the traditional process very confusing. So he has created 'Looks Like Music', robots that respond to colour by interpreting it as sound. The robot follows a drawn black line and where ever there is a squiggle of colour this data is translated into music. I love the simplicity, and the scope!
My sister and I are both dyslexic, but she also has mild Synesthesia. This means that days of the week and numbers come with a very specific colour. This all fascinates me. I love the idea of linking the senses. Suzuki's robot just looks immense fun, I would love to have a go. The robot can only read RGB, but imagine if all the hues and tones where available.
When we are discussing what music to listen to in the office, I often say 'sunshiney' or 'golden' which to me conjures up 1970s folk or rock, often American, perhaps from California. It is surprising though what different songs these words evoke for different people.
I would love it if I can link my mood to a harmony of colours which then could be interpreted into song. The possibilities are endless!
I would love to know your thoughts. Do colour and music have a dialogue in your mind?
Found via Plenty of Colour Read more at Dezeen.




Comments
Post a Comment