Skip to main content
Dutch Mountain House
Yet more proof that sustainable architecture can be cutting edge, subtle and statement making. This house 'Dutch Mountain' is by 5 year old Dutch architects DeNieuweGeneratie (meaning The New Generation).
Nestled in a nature reserve, I love the how the house rises out of the landscape. This underground house looks so toastie dressed in snow.
There are some surprises to be had inside. A car in the living room? Why not, it does look as though it has just been parked by Batman. But I love the quiet confidence of the furnishings. Nothing is standard, every element is considered, some like the car are quite unnerving, yet there is a peace. I get the impression this state of the art house could really be a home.
What do you think? See more enticing details at DeNieuweGeneratie's site. I found the post on Bloesem, do check it out.
Comments
Post a Comment