Fold me an elephant
Sipho Mabona has completed an amazing feat of origami - he has made a life-sized elephant out of one sheet of paper! This very impressive creature must have been quite a headache. Mabona had to use the help of over a dozen people and the total 'build' took 4 weeks.
The elephant is 3 meters high and was made out of a sheet of paper measuring 15 x 15 meters. The elephant is currently on display in the KKLB museum in Beromünster, Switzerland.
This whole project was only made possible by Indiegogo, an internet crowd-funding site where he managed to raise $26,000 from 631 people.
I am quite amazed that Mabona managed to achieve this paper statue, perhaps if I had applied myself a little more when making my nose-diving paper aeroplanes, who knows what I could have come up with!
See more at My Modern Met.







Comments
Post a Comment