Edwin La Dell


Mason's Farm

Today I thought I would share some work by artist Edwin La Dell. A British painter, printmaker, lithographer and illustrator from 1914 - 1970.


Sedbergh School


Self Portrait


I love how La Dell uses colour generously and thoughtfully. He was head of Printmaking at the Royal College of Art in the 1960s, as well as an official war artist during the Second World War, creating public murals and camouflage. His lithographs for the coronation for Queen Elizabeth II are quite famous, but my discovery of his works is relatively new. That is one of the great things about the internet, you can stumble across a real gem and within minutes be introduced to a new favourite, all before your first cup of tea! 


Hastings

The Tower of London

I hope you enjoy his works too, a little bit of colour can a long way on a winter's day.


Hastings 1947, for Lyons Tea Shops

Comments