Skip to main content
People in glass houses
On a chilly January day what am I dreaming of? A glass house nestled in snow. Not perhaps the cosy atmosphere one would aspect but completely beautiful. This glass house by architects Santambrogiomilano would only really work if you were an exhibitionist, or if you lived somewhere really private. The home owner can achieve privacy at the touch of a button though, the glass panels become opaque.
The glass structure is far from fragile, strengthened and toughened so the walls can withstand the weight of heavy snow. The glass walls heat up to make this piece of sculpture a comfortable home.
But could you live in such an environment? Pretty much every piece of furniture is made from glass, apart from the bed, thankfully. Very fairytale. I like the idea that the outside is your wallpaper and the weather would be your entertainment. I'd love to know what you think.
Comments
Post a Comment