Not Your Ordinary Tree House

Futuristic treehouse in landscape

360 views of the landscape in the futuristic treehouse

Interior of Jono William's treehouse

So when I think of a tree house I think being close to nature, wood and well, being attached to a tree. Jono Williams had other ideas. The Skysphere is his futuristic offering that is actually powered solely by the sun and controlled from his smartphone.


The Skyshere treehouse

Anything futuristic makes me think of the Sixties which is always a little strange thinking retro when looking forward. But this raised pod looks like it could have landed from space. Williams by day is a computer graphic designer but this personal project has really taken off, people are asking if they can have one too!


Not your usual treehouse, made from steel

The view from Jono William's treehouse

The benefits to William's treehouse are obvious, a 360-degree window means unspoilt views and the structure's design means it can be set up virtually anywhere. The 33-foot tall tower has fingerprint entry and a motorised door, high-speed internet, a rooftop stargazing platform and neon lighting at night.


Subtle solar panels

I like how he has incorporated the solar panels and basically what he has made is a great hang-out pod. There is no plumbing and William's has a few modifications in mind if there is a future model, but for a #1 I think the Skysphere is a real success.

Found via iGNANT.

Standing proud in the landscape

Comments