Salvaged Wood Sculptures

Diamond created by reclaimed wood

Base relief wooden stump

Reclaimed wooden sculpture

Relief sculpture of a car

Art by reclaimed wood sculptor

Houses created in relief with reclaimed wood

I am so impressed by the work of Ron van der Ende. He makes sculptures in relief purely from reclaimed wood and handles perspective masterfully. I think when it comes to art I am always impressed the most by things I know I could never do, and being accurate is not my best skill, I am better at impressions of the world around us. Ron van der Ende manages to create something new and interesting from what others discard and he perfectly represents his subject matter.

Truck made from reclaimed wood

Relief sculpture that plays with perspective

Cassette tapes made in relief from reclaimed wood

The patience and time needed must be immense! He says "I am interested in artefacts that have once inspired enthusiasm but that we have come to look upon with indifference. I want to reexamine these objects thoroughly and up close. I want to hold them to the light and see how their meaning has changed."

Originally found at Miss Moss.

Relief sculpture artist Ron van der Ende


Comments