My Work at Pickle Design and Our Calendar for 2016

It has been a while since I shared some of the goings on in our little graphic design studio. It's been a super busy start to the year with Easter being early taking everyone by surprise! 

Every year at Pickle Design we like to give our clients a little present, a calendar - but a nice one. We have been doing this for about 9 years! We started with a bookmark calendar introducing who we all were, next we designed 12 badges showing things we liked. This was great fun - any chance for illustration I just love! Mine were pattern, colour, and things that sparkle - could you guess?

Pickle Design calendar round up


The following years included a poster with a tree for all seasons, dictionary definitions, a colour wheel (tricky to do!!) a concertina fold showing a line of thought, great chair design (I think my favourite), and last years Time Travel calendar which was really great fun.


A2 calendar by Pickle Design of Cornwall

So for 2016 it was really tricky to think what to design. We settled on a celebration of Cornwall. We just love the county we live in - it is so beautiful and inspiring. I illustrated in a vintage travel poster style each of our favourite places and then brought them together in an A2 poster. 


Vintage travel poster style of Cornwall by Pickle Design

Each month in our newsletter (you should so sign up - it is really interesting!) we feature the chosen place and create backgrounds that you can download free for mobile, tablet and monitor. See, busy!!


Desktop background by Pickle Design for April 2016

April is close to my heart as I drew Restormel Castle in Lostwithiel, where I live. They have proved quite popular, and you can even by the poster from our website. 

I have no clue what I am going to do next year, any ideas?   

Comments