A Portugeuse Getaway

White washed Portuguese interior

Day bed under the cool shade of a tree

When I look at this beautiful Portuguese hotel what I am drawn to most is the lovely ceiling. You know you just can't beat white. I love how painting all number of textures and materials in a home in one colour unifies it and a tranquil but homely way. The kind of white modernism that is sleek and perfect I love to look at but could never imagine wondering barefoot round and slumping in a chair with a book. This kind of white space has just the right amount of 'stuff'. 

1920s Portuguese farmhouse

A shady place to relax with wired chairs


Pensão Agrícola is a rural hotel of just 6 rooms between the historic towns of Tavia and Cacela in Portugal. Originally built as a farmhouse in 1920 and presented as a wedding present to the owner's only daughter. The current owners bought it as a ruin and have lovingly updated it. 

Alfresco dining

Portuguese interior of old farmouse

The perfect mix of disheveled beauty and personal touch. Local art, reclaimed 1940s and 50s furniture and lights all add to the feel of this hotel. Yep, I could happily unwind here. 

Interior and exterior of a Portuguese boutique hotel

See more at the Style Files

Comments