Wayward Wines

Berries and liquorice tasting notes on this Wayward wine bottle

Colourful abstract wine bottles form Wayward all in a row

Simple, clean and modern logo design for Wayward wines

Non-snobby wine sounds good to me. I am not much of a drinker (I shamefully prefer grape juice to wine), but I buy wine to visit friends or family and it can be a daunting task. Honestly, I go for a good price and a good label, being a graphic designer that should be no surprise. But regions, age, grape can be a world of confusion. It seems I am not alone in my thinking, meet Wayward Wines. 

Wayward wines typography anf branding

Fresh wine branding in yellow from Wayward

Abstract label design in deep dark red for maverick wine brand Wayward

Born out of a bombardment of information and a feeling you need a degree to understand which is what. Wayward Wines was inspired by the craft beer and spirit revival that is taking over supermarket shelves. The idea is to produce wines based solely on flavour, to be accessible, expressive and most certainly not stuffy. Not known by name, but by the tasting notes. Abstract patterns bring the contents alive. The mission? "to create a range of beautiful wines with a spectrum of flavours to choose from. No pretentiousness and no convoluted origin stories. Just daring, distinctive flavours, boldly expressed." 

Wine label in peachy colours and abstract textures for Wayward wines via Design Debate blog

Wayward wines branding abstract pattern for label

The design from Robot Food is bold, eye-catching and full of colour and life. Lets hope the taste equals the ambition. 

Found at the Identity Designed.

Comments