The Latest from the Studio

As you may know I am a designer at Pickle Design in Wadebridge, Cornwall. It's incredibly busy at the moment in the studio! I thought I would show you a little of what we have been up to...

A5 magazine design by Pickle Design for BlueRiver Cottages

Here is the illustrated map of South Devon that we created for BlueRiver Cottages

magazine design for BlueRiver Cottages by Pickle Design

This is the A5 magazine brochure we created for Blueriver Cottages in Devon. I illustrated this map and laid out the spreads designing how the properties would be displayed. The idea being to create a pick-up-able guide to the area and the beautiful properties the company feature. I love seeing my work in the real world! 

Cornish Cottage Care logo by Pickle Design

Flyer design for Cornish Cottage Care by Pickle Design

Cornish Cottage Care vehicle livery

This is Cornish Cottage Care, a holiday home cleaning and maintenance company which we did the branding for. This was a lovely project to work on, I really enjoyed giving it a Cornish nautical feel.

Natural elements make a face for Illusions Hair, Nails and Beauty by Pickle Design
We take on all kinds of projects - large and small, established firms and start ups. I designed this logo for hair and beauty company Illusions. The brief was tricky - natural elements creating a face – but I think we managed to achieve it!

Black white logo design for No.51 Rosemundy by Pickle Design

Mailer design for holiday cottage in Cornwall by Pickle Design

Mobile friendly website by Pickle Design for Cornish holiday cottage

Being in Cornwall, a lot of our clients have property that they let out, so the important thing for me is to create something unique to them. No. 51 Rosemundy in the beautifully rugged village of St Agnes, approached us at the beginning of their venture. We designed a simple logo which features the iconic tin mines dotted around this area. A succinct black and white line drawing had a contemporary feel. For the website I brought in fresh greens and slate greys. We even created a little postcard sized flyer to represent the cottage.
 
Pocket map for Padstow Harbour by Pickle Design

Illustrated map highlighting the Bylaws by Pickle Design

Illustrated pocket map by Pickle Design

This project was for the Padstow Harbour Commissioner, they needed an illustrated map that could fold down and become a pocket guide with bylaws on the back. It was fun creating something informative but still elegant. We organised the print and made sure the paper was splash proof!

As you can see our projects are varied, that's one of the things I love most–that, and producing design that reflects our clients' style as much as our own. Feel free to contact me if there is something you might like to work on with us on, you can also sign up to our newsletter where we show the latest from the studio, our calendar download and we also pick a design classic!  

Comments