So Young Kwon's Landscapes

So Young Kwon's landscape

Trees painted by So Young Kwon

Tree paintings by South Korean artist So Young Kwon

Trees painted by So Young Kwon

Today I am enjoying the artworks of South Korean artist So Young Kwon. Almost pointillism in nature, her dense forests or singular trees seem to shimmer with movement, caught in her dappled paint. 

Snowy painting

Landscape paintings by So Young Kwon

Pink, black and white landscape

Landscape paintings of So Young Kwon

I like the colours too, hazy like memories. Bright colour is used sparingly but to great effect. I do love landscapes, where I live and work I am surrounded by nature, people's gardens are hugged by fields and woodlands. The birds' chorus is my soundtrack and when I look up from my computer I enjoy watching the trees bend and bow with the wind. The movement of the leaves influencing the light. 

Tree paintings by So Young Kwon

Beautiful movement in the trees captured by artist So Young Kwon

Black and white snow painting

I think that is why I am drawn to landscapes, no matter how far flung and different from my experience there is still a continuity with my Cornish view and So Young Kwon's South Korean subjects. They are calming, intriguing and quite beautiful.  

Green landscape, simple and beautiful by South Korean artist

Comments