Tables of Colour
How often do we really stop and consider the ordinary every day? I love how artists can help us to do just that, to pause and contemplate the grouping of daily life.
Plymouth's Canvas gallery is exhibiting the works of Amanda Carpenter and Hannah Oram in an exhibition called 'Tables of Colour', running until the 11th of April. I thought I would share these joyous works with you today.Amanda's art is free and full of life, her paintings "hold space for transformation, where fragility and resilience coexist, and where growth is messy, layered, and deeply human'. This is 'Limonata' filled with layers of pattern and colour.
Hannah Oram is Exeter based and desires to bring everyday moments to life on her canvas. She says "I believe these small rituals add poetry to everyday life, I paint them as joyful reminders that the most meaningful moments are often the simplest."
'Dans L'attente de L'Eau qui Chante' which means 'Whilst waiting for the water to sing'.
This riot of colour is entitled 'When David Hockney Came for Coffee'.




Thank you so much for featuring our latest exhibition, very much appreciated and as the art suggests as the weather improves our gallery is full of spring colours to cheer the world with some beautiful art.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome! Such beautiful colours, definitely heralding in Spring.
Delete