Poetic Cosmos of the Breath



I know this isn't new, in fact Tomas Saraceno launched this mesmeric installation back in 2007, but only today has it came to my attention. One of the beauties of the internet I think, is that there is always something new to discover, even if it is just new to you! 


'Poetic Cosmos of the Breath' is, in my opinion, breath-taking. The urge I have to climb inside my monitor and lie beneath the billowing hues is really quite strong.


This piece was brought to my attention by blog We Heart where huge inflatables came together for Mobile M+: Inflation! in Hong Kong.


Tomas' experiment was first launched at dawn on 22 September 2007 at Gunpowder Park, Essex, UK. For the artwork to be erected it requires specific weather conditions and a few willing volunteers.

Just how the light is manipulated by the folds of rainbow-like colour is quite glorious. So very peaceful too.


Did you ever, for a team building exercise at school - or in my case Girl Guides I think - Get to play with a parachute? Really quite remarkable how so much calm and excitement can be achieved purely by air and fabric! 


It also makes me think if I was up at dawn many creative ideas might just come to me - That gentle introduction to the waking hours, where light brings the day into being. Instead I choose bed. Maybe that's something I should change.



To see more about this work of art visit Arts Catalyst.

Comments