Yumiko Higuchi - Embroidery heaven


To my absolute joy I stumbled across the most beautiful embroidery of artist Yumiko Higuchi.


She lives in Tokyo, Japan and was born in 1975. Higuchi studied her craft at Tama Art University. 



Her work is so lovely, and hand-made. It feels very traditional with the quality of the stitching and materials used, but also very fresh with such precision and bright colours. It must take a lot of time and concentration. My style is a lot more free, I don't think I could successfully create something so intricate and then repeat it so perfectly. 


I can definitely see echoes of William Morris in her designs. I always gravitate towards the natural. My home is just full of illustrations and fabrics depicting flowers and organic shape. I love that traditional crafts are thriving, and how could they not when we have such talented designers like Higuchi. Found via Oxana Kostromina's blog.


Comments