Attic and Barn
I was very blessed to inherit both my Granny's and my Nanny's wardrobe, and it was a veritable treasure chest of delights. My Granny loved colour and print, bold 40's tea dresses that graced the figure in cottons and silk. My Nan on the other hand was a siren with flame red hair and Hollywood curves. She wore black velvet with stilettos and teal satin blouses nipped in at the waist.
This fashion inheritance meant that I adore vintage styles. I think where we are today with design means we have a visual feast of design history to dive into and delight in. When I turn the pages of my Vogue magazine I see influences from every decade, culture and movement. And that is just the way I like it. Even our futuristic fashion to me seems like a nod to the 1960's concept of space exploration.
So brands that unashamedly present vintage styles but made for modern mindsets, I adore. Today I found Attic and Barn, an Italian label who do just that. The label was founded in 2010 in Treviso, Italy.
I love the confidence of the clothes. The fabrics capture the imagination, go beyond cute to strong and sultry or even masculine and daring.
A pleasure to peruse.
I love the confidence of the clothes. The fabrics capture the imagination, go beyond cute to strong and sultry or even masculine and daring.
A pleasure to peruse.





Comments
Post a Comment