Skip to main content
The Smallest Printing Company
I was very happy when I stumbled across The Smallest Printing Company. Small things are always so intriguing, miniature cakes are more delicious (albeit I just eat more) and I just love little notebooks, to write little notes.
The people behind this mobile printing installation is Letterproeftuin. Based in Rotterdam, they are a traveling open-source design studio. They emphasise the creative process and exhibit its results. A counter-action to todays fast design tools and an invitation for designers to get their hands dirty in order to inspire, discuss and share knowledge!
This project brings out their passion for printmaking, combining craftsmanship and technology with inspiration, collaboration, hard work and, well, a sense of fun!
The Smallest Printing Company is a mobile printing installation for small posters and books and is part of the International Poster and Graphic Design Festival Chaumont 2013.
Smaller things are by their nature more tangible, they just makes me want to get stuck in! Don't get me wrong, I really like my computer (Mac of course!!), but sometimes the delight is in the process, as much as the outcome.
See more at Letterproeftuin, found via Seven Sparrows.
Comments
Post a Comment