Derry Moore

Chiswick House
Whilst perusing This is Glamorous, a blog which is such a joy to feast your eyes on, I came across the work of Derry Moore. To give him his proper title, Henry Dermot Ponsonby Moore, 12th Earl of Drogheda (born 1937). A British photographer of style and substance. 


Leeds Castle

Michael Casey, Dublin
His work is split into 3 themes on his website, India, Portraits and Architecture; namely that of stately homes. I just love wondering round British grand houses, every room echoing with history. Still ringing with secret conversations, family life and pivotal moments of change. 

Clouds Hill, T.E. Lawrence
Villa d'Este
Bernard Steinitz
What Moore manages to capture is that atmosphere. I especially like how he uses the light in his landscape shots. 

Protestant Cemetery, Calcutta
Villa Gamberaia
Moore's work his been used in Vogue, Country Life and Architectural Digest. He has photographed the Queen, Indira Gandhi, Ronald Reagan, David Bowie, to name a few. 

Salvador Dali
His work in India documents a changing country. I have myself visited India and it was wonderful and amazing but also very moving, I wonder sometimes if I even went there - or if it was some kind of dream!     


Young Elephant

Interior, Rajasthan
Trees, Rajasthan
Dentist, Hyderabad
You can see Moore's images in the National Portrait Gallery, where he has thirty seven pieces of his work. 


Helena Bonham Carter

Comments