The Pickle Design 2014 Calendar: Celebrating Classic Chair Design
I’m a graphic designer at Pickle Design, and every year we design a calendar for our clients. We always like to do something a little different. In the past we’ve used our signature style of illustration on concertina formats and even pin badges.
For 2014 we designed an A2 poster celebrating classic chair design. I illustrated 12 of our favourites in layers of red and blue to create a bold, quite retro piece of artwork.
It’s quite hard to work out my favourite chair. I’m rather partial to the Barcelona Chair by Mies van der Rohe, or perhaps the Eames Molded Plastic Dowel-Leg Side Chair – they need a catchier name! Which do you like?
I came back to the calendar later in 2014 to look at some of the individual chairs in more detail in Take a Seat: Classic Chair Design and the 2014 Pickle Calendar. The fascination with design classics clearly stuck – it’s a theme we’ve returned to many times since.
Comments
Post a Comment