Take a seat - but which one?
You may remember I wrote a post back in November about the calendar I designed for my work, Pickle Design, celebrating great chair design. We are now well into the swing of 2014 and many of my favourites have come and gone. The challenge was to create a way to connect with our existing clients and to meet new ones. Every year we design a calendar on a different theme. This has been in the form of pin badges, colour wheels, concertina folds charting the a line of thought and dictionary definitions, and now classic chair design.
Ideas and inspiration come in many forms, (I am slightly addicted to Pinterest!) but I also get ideas when going for walks, bouncing thoughts off other people and looking at the design world. I can just as easily get style suggestions from art, film, architecture and fashion as I can graphic design. It all feeds in. So this year some stunning pieces of chair design caught my eye. From Le Corbusier's 'cushion bucket' to Arne Jacobsen's graceful Swan chair.
This months star is Frank Gehry's cardboard Wiggle Chair. Each style icon I illustrated in just two colours giving the A2 poster real a retro feel.
We have designed desktop calendars for each month that you can download for free. Right now my thoughts are on 2015 where a totally different poster idea is forming. Let's just put it this way, it is refreshing designing something that isn't bound by time and space!
Images from Pinterest and Yellow Trace blog. Illustrations my original artwork from the 2014 Pickle Design calendar.
Ideas and inspiration come in many forms, (I am slightly addicted to Pinterest!) but I also get ideas when going for walks, bouncing thoughts off other people and looking at the design world. I can just as easily get style suggestions from art, film, architecture and fashion as I can graphic design. It all feeds in. So this year some stunning pieces of chair design caught my eye. From Le Corbusier's 'cushion bucket' to Arne Jacobsen's graceful Swan chair.
This months star is Frank Gehry's cardboard Wiggle Chair. Each style icon I illustrated in just two colours giving the A2 poster real a retro feel.
We have designed desktop calendars for each month that you can download for free. Right now my thoughts are on 2015 where a totally different poster idea is forming. Let's just put it this way, it is refreshing designing something that isn't bound by time and space!
Images from Pinterest and Yellow Trace blog. Illustrations my original artwork from the 2014 Pickle Design calendar.



Comments
Post a Comment