Vintage girl



I am quite blessed to have had very groovy grandparents. My Nan was very glamorous always in stilettos with her auburn hair pinned just so and her waist pinched with a belt she had made. In fact she made most her clothes, and mine when I was little. My Dad's mum was more 'granny chic', she like me had a passion for print, the more the merrier! She also made her own clothes and was adept at pretty much any craft - knitting, crochet, embroidery, lace. With this wonderful heritage I have been left some great vintage pieces. Some fit me, some don't and remain in my wardrobe as inspiration - just incase I change height, shape and weight! 





I confess though sometimes I struggle to weave the vintage with the every day without looking like I am playing dress-up. Sometimes I feel the clothes wear me, rather than the other way around. So when I came across Fancy Fine, a vintage blog from stylist Ashley Ording, my inner vintage got excited.





Her style is fun, playful and bygone. These photos however are a collaboration between Ashley as stylist and art director with model Emily Theobald, hair and makeup Katherine Sterrett and photographer Johan Santos.





I just really liked the 1970s vibe, the soft and colourful lighting and the great voluminous hair gives these clothes a second life. What you think?   




Comments