Black Sheep
Perusing a Cape Town blog today I was reminded of a British design classic, that black sheep jumper! Purchased by the V&A museum in London, its status was confirmed. So what am I talking about, Miss Moss blog featured the colourful pet portraits of now fine artist Sally Muir. Sally was one half of the 1980s brand that started on a Covent Garden market stall back in 1979, selling funky knit wear.
Their black sheep jumper in particular proved a hit, worn by Princess Diana, David Bowie and Andy Warhol to name a few. The company was called Warm & Wonderful and its iconic jumper has made a return, this many years on in collaboration with American brand Rowing Blazers.
Joanna Osborne and Sally Muir seemed to have tapped into something many of us feel, being that odd one out.
It is lovely to see the jumper 'out there' again, and I truly enjoyed seeing Muir's newest passion, painting dogs with such quirky glances and not so innocent smiles.









Comments
Post a Comment