The End of Books
What a great name, I think they thought so too as the cover kind of shouts it! Authors Alberto Vieceli and Sebastian Cremers set out to collect images of bookends for an amazing catalogue of the hard working ornaments that prop up our favourite titles.
Presenting them all in black and white does give them an equalising quality. I like how the examples are arranged by type, you can really see how varied the art of propping is, and how book owners love to display their personalities proudly on their shelves. I am particularly partial to the Star Wars ones, or the parts of the body. Very intriguing!
Compiled between 2019 and 2022 (interesting years to be sure), the authors managed to photograph more than 2,000 bookends. Published by Everyedition, The End of Books is for the completist, and of course the book lover, if you have space in your bookcase that is.










Comments
Post a Comment