Walls all a Bloom

A Beautiful Mess Hidden Room

Peacock Art Nouveau wallpaper

Leaf wallpaper in dark green

I am forever considering and reconsidering what I would do with my hallway given some time and some budget. Wallpaper would be perfect, though some days I fancy just taking my paintbrush to the walls myself, free style, like this lockdown creative

Vibrant leafy Art Nouveau wallpaper

Pink art nouveau wallpaper


I would paint white silver birches on a yellow background I think. But just in case I don't get that brave, wallpaper I think would do the trick. I am drawn to monochrome etchings of clouds and giant banana leaves in delicious greens, but today I wanted to think Art Nouveau and see what patterns might inspire.

Blue floral wallpaper

Joules floral wallpaper

What set me off in this direction was finding A Beautiful Mess's hidden room. I mean that wallpaper is one to covet. When you think Art Nouveau you think William Morris, his patterns are so intricate and instantly recognisable. I can remember all the places I have seen them. Like our primary school teacher's closet (weird I was in there once and weird I remember at all - but the vivid oranges left an impression) to a cosy tea room that did great cakes that my friends and I would huddle in at uni. 

Dramatic dark wallpaper

William Morris wallpaper updated

Fresh spring greens floral wallpaper

Today it seems the Art Nouveau style is emerging once again as we hanker after dark and introspective interiors. These are few examples of some I have found that I would be happy to grace my walls...

Swirly Art Nouveau style wallpaper

Cowslip wallpaper in blue and green and white

Pale blue wallpaper close up

Wallpaper in context pale blue floral


Comments