Top 5 Interesting Fragrance Bottles
So it has been nice this week at Pickle Design as we have had Jess doing some work experience. Every challenge I have set her she has risen to, and this is no exception! Jess is my guest poster.
This week I have been on work experience with Pickle Design and they have been setting me various tasks to do over the five days. As today is my last day, they have set me the task of writing the blog post on any design based subject. I decided to find my top 5 interesting fragrance bottles, so here they are:
1. Jean Paul Gaultier - Fragile
Released in 1999, this bottle is in the style of a snow-globe which is full of the perfume. As the fragrance gets used up, the snow-globe empties, revealing the figure of a woman standing inside. I liked this bottle instantly, I thought it was so interesting and different from any perfume bottles I had seen before, which is why I chose it to be number 1!
Photograph taken from Cent Degres.
2. Christian Dior - Miss Dior
I have always thought this bottle was absolutely beautiful, I especially love the cute little bow on the cap. This fragrance was first launched in 1947 and is still going strong today. With the scent of citrus, it is very popular across a large audience of young and old. I really like the fact that the perfume is a lovely pale pink colour which compliments the style of the bottle very well.
Photograph taken from Only Minx
3. Chanel - Coco Noir
A new fragrance from Chanel, only released in 2012 the Coco Noir fragrance has a completely unique bottle compared to their usual famous style. The bottle holds a similar shape to the likes of Chanel Number 5, but this bottle is black, which I thought was so interesting and different for Chanel.
Photograph taken from Vogue
4. Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique
Another favourite from Jean Paul Gaultier, a less unique bottle this time. Many of the bottles in this brand are shaped like a torso, including many of the male fragrances. I think is a great concept, the bottles often have a matte finish which makes them really nice to hold. I especially liked this bottle because of the beautiful pattern covering the lower half.
Photograph taken from Lilac Grape
5. Diesel - Only the Brave
The only mens fragrance in my top five, but I just love how this bottle looks. Its very different from most mens fragrance bottles which are often very square and uninspiring, but this bottle, released in 2009, is an interesting one to look at. There is now also the new 'Diesel Only the Brave Tattoo' bottle, which is a black fist and fits together with this original 'Only the Brave' bottle.
Photograph taken from Only Minx





Comments
Post a Comment